Edible Rhody Kids: Eat an Apple A Day!
Eat an apple a day....
• Super yummy!
• Easy snack to pack—no utensils needed!
• Full of healthy nutrients to make your mind and body strong!
• There are 7,500 varieties (different kinds) of apples grown throughout the world.
• It takes about 36 apples to create one gallon of apple cider.
• Apples are a member of the rose family.
• Apples come in shades of red, green and yellow.
• Eat the peel too! Apple peels are loaded with fiber and vitamins A and C.
So many apples to choose—from tart to sweet!
See if you can find 10 apple varieties in our word search!
Braeburn • Cortland • Fuji • Gala • Golden Delicious Honeycrisp • IdaRed • Jonagold • Macoun • Mcintosh
Try the homemade applesauce recipe! Homemade applesauce is delicious all by itself, with yogurt or on top of waffles, pancakes, ice cream, pork chops and more.
We've got more helpful tips and fun recipes online including applesauce parfaits and applesauce cake.