A quick herb rub and a short time on the grill makes hanger steak, one of the most flavorful cuts of beef, really sing. Serve the steaks with roasted spiced sweet potatoes and lightly creamed k...
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large bunches Lacinato (dinosaur) kale, ribs removed, chopped into thin ribbons
In a large heavy-bottom pot, heat butter and garlic over medium heat until butter is foamy and garlic begins to lightly toast, about 4 minutes. Add cream, pepper flakes, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce and simmer. Continue to cook until liquid is reduced by about ⅓ and cream has thickened. Add kale and continue to simmer until cream thickens and kale is tender, about 8 to 10 more minutes. Check for seasoning.