- 1 pint (3½ cups) fresh local strawberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 pint (1½ cups) fresh blackberries, rinsed and dried
- 2 Ataulfo (Champagne or yellow) mangos, peeled, pitted and sliced into (2- to 3-inch) thinly sliced lengths*
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lime
- 2 tablespoons white coconut balsamic vinegar (or substitute white balsamic vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Honey to taste (optional)
Remove the tops of the strawberries using a melon baller or paring knife and, depending on the size, cut in halves or quarters, to match the approximate size of the blackberries. Place in a medium bowl along with the blackberries and mango pieces.
Add lime zest and juice, balsamic vinegar and honey (optional). Gently toss to distribute fruit evenly and garnish with fresh thyme leaves. Serve at room temperature or chill and let marinate several hours. Enjoy! Serves 8 as a salad or dessert.
*Click here if you need tips on how to pit and slice the mangos.
Sam Burgess, Edible Rhody 2016 Summer Intern