- 2 ounces Thomas Tew Rum
- 2 ounces coconut-miso orgeat syrup*
- 1 ounce fresh-pressed lime juice
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Fresh mint sprig for garnish
Combine liquid ingredients in a bar tin with ice; shake vigorously for 15 seconds. Strain into a tiki mug (or highball glass) filled with fresh ice and garnish with mint. Yields 1 cocktail.
* Coconut-miso orgeat syrup: Whisk 7 ounces unsweetened coconut milk, 5 ounces Giffard Orgeat Syrup (available at most well-stocked liquor stores) and 1⁄2 teaspoon of red miso paste (optional) until thoroughly blended. Pour into a clean bottle and refrigerate up to 5 days. (Enough for 6 cocktails.)