- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2–3 slices jalapeño (1 for garnish)
- 1 cup ice
- 1½ ounces Corralejo Blanco tequila
- ¾ ounce Cointreau
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- 1–2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 lime wedge (for garnish)
- Kosher salt (for garnish)
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the cilantro and 1–2 slices of jalapeño. Add the ice and all other ingredients and shake well. Rim an 8-ounce rocks glass with the lime wedge then dip in salt. Pour the shaken margarita into the glass and garnish the rim with the lime wedge and the remaining slice of jalapeño. Enjoy immediately.
Makes 1 drink.
Recipe by Andi Johnson, co-owner/general manager, Perro Salado, Newport