- 2 hot peppers (such as jalapeños), sliced thin
- 1½ tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 oranges and 2 lemons
- 1 cup light olive oil
- 2½ pounds fresh swordfish
- Sea salt
Mix marinade ingredients together in a bowl and add fish. Place covered in the refrigerator to marinate 2 to 4 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-high or prepare coals. Remove fish from marinade (which you can discard) and season with salt. Grill approximately 3 minutes on the first side. Reduce heat to low or move from direct heat, flip to the other side and grill another 3 minutes, depending on thickness of the swordfish steaks. A skewer or small knife should go through with ease.