- 2 ounces cranberry-orange infused bourbon*
- 2 ounces Newport Vineyard’s Rhody Coyote Hard Cider
- 2 sugar-dusted cranberries for garnish**
- 1 piece orange peel (with no white pith) for garnish
Fill a rocks glass with ice, add infused bourbon and top with hard cider. Pierce 2 sugardusted cranberries and 1 piece orange peel with a cocktail pick to garnish. Makes 1 cocktail.
* In a saucepot combine 3 cups fresh cranberries, 3 cinnamon sticks, 5 tablespoons granulated sugar, juice and peel (with no white pith) of 1 orange. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, cool and remove the cinnamon sticks. Pour into a nonreactive container and add 1 (750 ml) bottle bourbon (I like Buffalo Trace). Set in the refrigerator for 3 days. Fine-strain the liquid, discard the solids and pour into a clean glass jar. Refrigerate up to 3 months.
** Coat cranberries with local honey and roll in granulated sugar.
About this recipe
For other festive sparklers, visit Here’s How!.