- 2 pounds rainbow carrots, well-washed
- ¼ cup fresh chives, cleaned and chopped
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, cleaned and chopped
- 6–8 breakfast radishes
- 1 cup (¼ pound) Narragansett Creamery Salty Sea Feta, crumbled
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Edible flowers (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
For salad, trim carrot tops and, using a vegetable peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into long, thin 3- to 4-inch ribbons. Place carrot ribbons into bowl. Toss in herbs with carrots. Slice radishes lengthwise as thin as possible; use mandolin if accessible.
For dressing, heat small skillet on medium heat for 1 minute, add ground cumin and cook for 1 minute, shaking pan constantly, or until cumin is slightly darkened and fragrant. In a small bowl add vinegar and sugar together, then whisk in toasted cumin and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, season carrots and herbs with dressing just before serving and top with feta cheese, shaved radishes, a sprinkle of salt, pepper and lemon zest. Garnish with edible flowers if possible—we love Indie Growers in Bristol!
Recipe by Ben Wood, WildWood Catering, Kingston