- 2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- Kosher or sea salt
- 6 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic cloves*
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Kernels from 2 ears freshly shucked sweet corn
- 1 small head of radicchio
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- Edible flowers for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes for garnish (optional)
Bring quinoa, water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a small pot. Immediately reduce to a simmer, cover and set timer for 18 minutes, making sure heat is set low. Once all water has cooked off, remove from stove and set aside. Let cool completely.
Meanwhile, place garlic and vinegar in a blender and slowly drizzle oil until dressing has emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place quinoa and remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Toss with dressing to taste. Plate salad and garnish with edible flowers and raw sliced radishes, if available.
* Slice the top off 1 head of garlic, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt, wrap in foil and bake in a 350° oven for 45 minutes. Remove papery skin from cloves.
Recipe by Jonathan Dille, Executive Chef, The Grange, Providence