- 1⁄3 cup good-quality French Chablis (reserve the rest for washing down your oysters!)
- 2⁄3 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorn brine
- 1 green peppercorn per oyster
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and minced (or finely grated)
- ½ teaspoon seeded and minced jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon Maui onion, minced (Substitute any sweet onion or white onion that has been rinsed after mincing.)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 6 assorted cherry tomatoes, sliced into 1/8-inch discs
- 2 teaspoons fresh horseradish, washed, peeled and grated, as needed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
Chablis Mignonette with Green Peppercorn
Combine first 4 ingredients and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to develop. Top oysters sparingly, adding 1 green peppercorn each.
Cucumber and Jalapeño Salsa
Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Top each oyster sparingly.
Cherry Tomato “Cocktail Sauce”
Top each oyster with a tomato slice, a tiny bit of horseradish, lemon zest and chives.
Recipe by Wayne Bush, Matunuck Oyster Bar